[TYPO3] Workspace permissions RC2

ben van 't ende ben at netcreators.com
Wed Mar 29 12:25:47 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> René Alessandri schrieb am 29.03.2006 11:27:
>
>> I've a BEUser without permissions to edit the live workspace. I set the
>> permissions in the usergroup under "Workspace permissions:" and only the
>> Edit Draft checkbox is marked. But with this settings a BEUser can still
>> edit the live workspace.
>>
>> Is this a bug or intended?
>
> Check the user record.
>
> The default setting for each *user* is edit-permissions to the "live
> workspace". So even if you restrict the group to "draft workspace", you
> still have to remove the "life workspace" permission from the users
> record. The permissions from user and group are added together.
>
> Maybe this solves the problem? If not, this seems like a bug, but I've
> just stumbled over the same problem and this was the solution.

Hi,

This default behaviour seems logical. Normally you would create a custom
workspace for a usergroup and not use the LIVE or DRAFT workspaces for
your users I guess. If you do not create custom workspaces then
Ernesto's suggestion seems ok. So no bug.

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators::creation and innovation