[TYPO3] converting a site to utf-8

David Smeringe david at smeringe.se
Wed Mar 29 10:22:59 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've been searching around the web to find any hints on how to use the
extension convert2utf8 but can't find much useful.
I have a website which is multi lingual, and I realized a bit late that I
was using iso8859-1, and not utf-8... a minor problem when I need to add
russian translations..
I've succefully managed to handle utf-8 in both front and backend, but all
old texts are naturally messed upp when using utf-8.

Any tip, idea or links on how to do are most welcome.

I don't have to use convert2utf8, but it seems to be the only solution
available? (I know it's still beta).
Or can I use different charsets in BE as well? Then it shouldn't be a
problem if I control it in both FE and BE?

All I get when using convert2utf8 is some dummy texts. I'm using Typo3 3.8.0.

Best Regards,
David Smeringe