[TYPO3] [TYPO3-dev] Announcing TYPO3 4.0 Release Candidate 2
ingmar at typo3.org
Mon Mar 27 12:17:22 CEST 2006
our package manager and undoubted hero Michael Stucki today released
TYPO3 4.0 Release Candidate 2 (4.0rc2). If no serious yet unknown bugs
will pop up, this is the last RC before the final release of 4.0.
So once again please test this release as much as possible and report
bugs to http://bugs.typo3.org/. Don't forget to set the Product Version
of the bug report to 4.0rc2, because those will be prioritized.
The most important changes from 4.0rc1 to 4.0rc2 are:
* Some serious bugs of rc1 are fixed now
(related to: Workspaces, GIFBUILDER, Install Tool, new skin)
* Language packs can now be loaded with the Extension Manager
(Thanks to Karsten Dambekalns)
* The import/export tool now automatically resolves extension
dependencies of T3D files
* Indexed Search now ships with an optional CSS based template
(Thanks to Robert Markula and Michael Stucki for integrating it)
* Added feature to store the HTML data of the cache_pages table in the
file system (see TYPO3_CONF_VARS[FE][pageCacheToExternalFiles])
For a complete list of changes have a look at the ChangeLog file that
ships with the source package.
You can download the source at:
your core team
Interested what's going on in the TYPO3 core development?
Just go to the core list read-only subscription page:
More information about the TYPO3-english