[TYPO3] "Template on next level" doesn't work properly

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Mon Mar 27 09:20:53 CEST 2006

Hi,
although I've used Typo3 for a while this is the first time I use the
option "Template on next level" option. The first level of the page uses
the same template as everything else but substitutes one of the menus by
styles.conten.getLeft. This works fine so far. However, when I include
the template without that slight modification as "Template on next level"
nor the menu be displayed on the other pages neither
styles.content.getLeft. What is even stranger is that the object browser
will give me the HMENU object for these pages but it will never be
displayed. It's kind of impossible that there's anything wrong with the
HMENU code because I had this in the root level template before I made
the modification. What am I doing wrong? Where has my menu gone?

Christian

--
    Mein Leib und Seele freuen sich in dem lebendigen Gott.

    Psalm 84,3