[TYPO3] 404 Error

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat Mar 25 01:16:17 CET 2006

ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:

>Ries van Twisk wrote:
>

>>Here is the solution I am using for typo3 version 3.8.1
>>
>>http://www.rvantwisk.nl/typo3-snippets/page-404-and-301-handling.html
>>

>Hi Ries,
>
>Uhhh... I just checked the bugtracker and I guess this is fixed in RC2
>then. Didn't see it in CHANGELOG for CVS though.

That's correct (it is in my text that 4.0beta3 is confirmed to be working)
However there are still quite a lot of typo3 3.8.1 user out there with
productions sites on it so it still might be relevant for them for the
next 6 months...

Also, what is nice at least in may case, and some other users might
build upon it it can redirect to a websites search page and do a search
directly.

>http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2145
>
>I simply use [FE][pageNotFound_handling] = '/404/';
>
>'/404/' is a TYPO3 page. If indeed the header is sent correctly all is
>cool and correct ;-) And the latest RealURL is also able to use the same
>foldername for other domains in the same installation. Before RealURL
>1.1.0 you couldn't use same foldernames. RC2 is about to be released so
>lets wait and see ;-)

When you say [FE][pageNotFound_handling] on a 3.8.x installation, does
it send you a correct header 404 if the page didn't exists?

--
Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer
email: ries at vantwisk.nl