[TYPO3] RTE issues

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Mar 24 15:33:27 CET 2006

hey All,

I am using htmlarea but I keep on having problems with it to make it
work like I want it.
For some reason it's always a problem to predict what is going to happen
when I
make somethink left align, right aligned pasting code. Div tages changed
to p tags,
classes removed from tags all of a sudden pasting html/php code that
get's totally changed and doesn't look the why I wanted it.

Looking at the RTE mailing list is that there are many people with
extreemly simple questions with now good solution.
RTE config IS way to differcult and never seen in any RTE found.

To name a few:

---
Must be easy, but somehow I am missing it. I want to keep <div> tags in
RTE. But everytime I save, they get turned to <p> tag.
---
where can I configure the rteerror handling?
Maybe I want to switch of this feature.
When I try to correct a dead-link, I want the strange border to
disapear. Instead, it becomes more and more trash and I have to remove
that per html-mode.
---
one of our writers can't insert links or images with default rte (T3
3.6.2). he gets the window for choosing the link, but when he presses
insert link, nothing happens.
All other writers have no problem. I think it is an IE miscofiguration
but cannot find the trigger to change this...any clues?
---
German Umlauts are replaced by strange char's, when inserted via copy
and paste.
---
anybody any idea, why underline doesn't work? The button is available,
tag <u> is allowed in parseFunc.allowTags and underline seems to work
until I save or switch to html-mode.
---
I have a construct like this:
While when I look in the sourxe I see something like this
<h2>Some Header</h3>
(h tags NOT surrounded with p tags)
---

Is there something better than htmlarea, something less complex OR is
there a much better default page TS config.
When I leave page TS config empty it simply doesn't do what I want it to
do and I need to dig for quite some time into
the config to make it do what I want it to do.

Any comments?

--
Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer