[TYPO3] treeLevel problem/question

Bartosz Aninowski bart at sonik.pl
Fri Mar 24 10:08:12 CET 2006

Hi
I have problem with disapearing menu
Look at attached TS ## Menu [Begin]
When I view my website I see top menu and left "directory" menu. I can
browser thru every level of my left men but when I click "homepage" left
menu disapear.
I've tried lot of configuration of treeLevel but it dosn't help.

I've also done some test to see on what level I am.
[treeLevel = 0]
lib.mainMenu = TEXT
lib.mainMenu.value = level0
[global]
when I clear cache and view website index.php?id=1 I see "level0" but when I
hit some page from topMenu fg "About us" and then back to homepage I dont
see "level0"
Dont ask me why but I've changed above ts in this way
[treeLevel = -1,0]
lib.mainMenu = TEXT
lib.mainMenu.value = level0
[global]
and now when I hit subpage and than homepage I see level0
>From doc " Level = 0 is the "root" of a website. Level=1 is the first
menuen", is number -1 possible or I misunderstood doc?

This is how my menu looks in BE

[] Title of CMS
|--Homepage
|----Products [not in menu]## directory value=47 Menu [Begin]