[TYPO3] No content in left or right [Newbie]

Yann yann at ricardPlan.com
Thu Mar 23 19:30:56 CET 2006

Hello

I read quite a bit of the documentation, I have some experience in
setting up drupal, mambo and other CMS systems, but for the life of me,
can't seem to get content to appear in any frame but the main ("Normal")
frame.

I tried several of the standard templates (bug, green...) . I tried
several different types of content (sitemenus and just plain text), but
the left frame comes up empty.

Neither the page, nor the content is set to "hide"

The frameset gives 200 px for the left frame, which is plenty to display
the text I entered ("this is some text").
<frameset cols="200,*" border="0" framespacing="0" frameborder="no">

To recap: Any content I place in the "Normal" (main) frame shows up
beautifully. Any content I place in the left, right or border frames
does not show up at all. Below is the source for the Left frame. As you
can see, there is nothing at all withing the body tags.

I've been at this for days now. Help!

Thanks

Yann

source for the left frame
http://www.coldspringparents.org/typo/index.php?id=1&type=2
<!DOCTYPE html
   PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<head>
charset=iso-8859-1" />

<!--
   This website is brought to you by TYPO3 - get.content.right
   TYPO3 is a free open source Content Management Framework created by
Kasper Skaarhoj and licensed under GNU/GPL.
   TYPO3 is copyright 1998-2005 of Kasper Skaarhoj. Extensions are
copyright of their respective owners.
   Information and contribution at http://www.typo3.com
-->

   <title>After School</title>
   <script type="text/javascript">
      /*<![CDATA[*/
   <!--
      browserName = navigator.appName;
      browserVer = parseInt(navigator.appVersion);
      var msie4 = (browserName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" &&
browserVer >= 4);
      if ((browserName == "Netscape" && browserVer >= 3) || msie4 ||
browserName=="Konqueror") {version = "n3";} else {version = "n2";}
         // Blurring links:
      function blurLink(theObject)  {  //
         if (msie4)  {theObject.blur();}
      }