[TYPO3] Parsing click-enlarged images through ImageMagick

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Wed Mar 22 21:51:14 CET 2006

Hiya,
What can I do to get 'click-enlarged' images to be parsed by ImageMagick?

Images (like in 'text w/image' content elements or tt_news SINGLE
content elements) are scaled by ImageMagick to the dimensions which are
specified in TS. But when you click on the image ('click-enlarge'), the
plain image from the 'uploads'-folder is shown without any image processing.

Rationale:
We are investigating the possibilities of the new DAM extension to
maintain an image repository that is not only for web, but also for
print. Of course, for print the images need to have the highest quality
possible, which means large file sizes.
Now, if we use such a large (in terms of file size) image in a 'text
w/image' content element, it is automatically scaled down to the
specified size, which is exactly what we want. But when a visitor clicks
on the image (click-enlarge), he gets direct access to the original
image file, thus downloading somewhere between 500 to 2000kb (in our case).

Regards,
Ro