[TYPO3] How to create my onw ctypes?

Johannes Konert johannes.konert at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Mar 22 15:52:27 CET 2006

Hello list-members,
reading all posts about ctypes I cannto find a hint how to write and
register my own ctypes. Any hint to a docu?

I wanna write a bunch of ctypes and deactivate all others for a specific
part of the pagetree. Configuration can be done via TCEFORM AFAIK, but
how to write an extension that creates new ctypes?
Where are they registered?
How to tell Typo the way the input fields, lists, descriptions, acor
point-selection, helper-texts have to be displayed in the backend?

(Of course I could write an extension, serving the content via ctype
plugin, but this is not the convenient way, because the texts etc should
be stored in normal tt_content and easily editable via backend and
searchable etc...or is there a way to do this with a normal plugin as well?)

Thank you for some hints. There might be a documentation out there
allready, but I haven'T found it yet.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Johannes