[TYPO3] TT_Board and SPAM

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Mar 20 23:34:23 CET 2006

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:07:15 -0400, Marlies C wrote
with subject "[TYPO3] TT_Board and SPAM":

> yes, I know tt_board is old, but well it's been used and now it is
> SPAMMER heaven. Even after first disabling and then removing the board
> the SPAM still keeps on coming, but not directly into the DB. How can
> that be stopped?

What is coming in?
- Mails?
I think the email-addresses are harvested and in the SPAMmers database. :-(
It would be better, you had protected the emails earlier with:

	config.spamProtectEmailAddresses = 2
	config.spamProtectEmailAddresses_atSubst = <at>

I had done this on a site and got just one SPAM-mail on the unique
email-address I used in the board.

- Requests for the (not existing?) tt_board-page/ tt_board-form?
if they find out, your side is gone, they will loose interest.

- tt_board-entries?
I think I remember a Captcha-extension for tt_board.
captcha:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha
http://sam.zoy.org/pwntcha/

or protect your board with (write-)access only for registered users.

Bernd