[TYPO3] How do I make the current Menu Item not a link?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Mar 20 18:19:14 CET 2006

> 1) What, if anything, did the ACT do for me?  I have changed the
> navigation portion of my template to be the following:
>   subparts.NAVIGATION= HMENU
>   subparts.NAVIGATION.1 = TMENU
>   subparts.NAVIGATION.1 {
>     NO.allWrap = <li>|</li>
>     CUR = 1
>     CUR.doNotLinkIt = 1
>     CUR.allWrap = <li class="active">|</li>
>   }

Well ACT usually marks two different states ACTIVE and CURRENT.
If you set CUR in addition this will take over the CURRENT part while ACT
still is used with the ACTIVE part.

Without CUR:

Root -> ACT
    Level 1 -> ACT
        Level 2 -> ACT (current page)
            Level 3 -> NO

With CUR:

Root -> ACT
    Level 1 -> ACT
        Level 2 -> CUR (current page)
            Level 3 -> NO

> 2) The Home page does not work.  I assume this is because I created a
> home page on the menu by adding a shortcut page that points back to
> the root. Therefore the link that send the user back home is not to
> the page that is being rendered when the user is home.  Is there a
> way to avoid this?

What do you mean by "Home page does not work"?
How do you want it to be working?

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de