[TYPO3] typo3temp path

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Mon Mar 20 11:44:04 CET 2006

Hi!

Mitja Felicijan wrote:
> Is there any easier method to force typo3 to understand that one of my
> subpages in "subdirectory"? Let me explain ...
>
> root
> |- customer1 (customer1.com)
> |- customer2 (customer2.com)
> |- customer3 (customer3.com)
>   |- about (customer3.com/?id=44)
>   |- contact(customer3.com/?id=45)
>   |- event (customer3.com/event/)
>     |- when  (customer3.com/event/?id=55)
>     |- where  (customer3.com/event/?id=56)
>
> Is that possible?

Yes. Firsts, I assume that "root" is not a page but a Globe icon. Now
you need to put domain records to corresponding pages. Switch to the
list view, click "customer1" in the page tree and create new "Domain"
record. Enter "customer1.com" as a domain name. You can also create
"www.customer1.com" record if you want to have such name. Note that this
is typo3-only records, they have nothing to do with records on DNS
server. They tell typo3 which part of page tree belong to that site.

Then open page properties (page header prior to 4.0), click checkbox at
the bottom to enabled extra options. Find and check "is root of web
site" option, it is essential for many plugins in the multidomain setup.

> Customer3 has different template than event which is subpage of
> customer3. They also have different t3 templates.

No problem, you just need to set them up as above and create new
template object for them in the "Web>Template".

I run six sites in a single installation using described method.

> I'm kinda lost here.

No problem, it just takes time to learn :)

Dmitry.