[TYPO3] Typo3 limits ?

David Toshack david at vaultin.com
Sun Mar 19 05:02:50 CET 2006

Elmar Hinz wrote:
> It supports users and groups fully, similar to unix systems. It
> doesn't have a dimension of roles for persons inside a group. I would
> call that a limitation, that is important for practice if you work
> with several teams on one page.

Stig Nørgaard Færch implemented a terrific extension called "roles",
which allows you a dropdown list from the top frame to select from a
list of groups[1] that you are in. Selecting from that dropdown will
give you _only_ access to that group's settings. Its a great feature and
I'd love to see it in the core one day soon.

Not sure if this solves your "roles" problem but it is a great
extension. It doesn't currently work in TYPO3 v. 4.0 which I will speak
to Stig about.

There has also been some talk about "roles" for the new workflow
engine[2]. Unfortunately I know nothing about this yet.

Cheers,
David

[1] A checkbox labelled "Is Role" must be checked while editing a group,
for a group to show up in the "roles" dropdown list. This checkbox will
only be available if you have installed the "roles" extension.

[2] http://www.typo3.com/development/projects/workflow-engine