[TYPO3] Make homemade extension use external html template

Brian Bendtsen brb at mentor-it.dk
Fri Mar 17 09:00:43 CET 2006

HI

Im going through the videos about how to make frontend plugins and
having some problems with the last one, about
'supporting external html templates'.

I have added this code to the class file in the listView function:

$this->templateFileContent =
$this->cObj->cObjGetSingle($lConf['altTemplateFile'],$lConf['altTemplateFile']);
debug(array($this->templateFileContent));

And I used the Typoscript object browser to create the altTemplateFile
property, created the html template file and inserted
the name as a value to that property.

Somehow my html template is not showing - as it should because I have
the debug function.

I cant find any errors in the code.

Any ideas?

/Brian Bendtsen