[TYPO3] :: Typo3 Questions

Surajit surajit at srijan.in
Fri Mar 17 05:39:18 CET 2006

Hi List,

Some typo3 questions;

(a)   If we have two sites (domains) www.domain1.com & www.domain2.com
that I want to use typo3 with.

Is it possible to have one typo3 installation to manage both sites or we
need to have typo3 installed on each ?

FYI I have two independent websites, and wondering if this is a
possibility ?

(b)   When they installed typo3 on a test area I setup for them, the
Typo3 install script needs some folders have write permissions such as
0777 or 0707. This is also similar for some folders in mambo. Question
is when this folders are left with 0777 permissions, is there any
trouble with security, since anyone can access? What do you think when
these folders are left this way? Especially for a normal open public
site as opposed to the current one we're working on, which will be an
Intranet.

Thanks
Surajit