[TYPO3] Generate XML output?

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Thu Mar 16 21:43:29 CET 2006

Hi,

is it possible with Typo3 to completely switch the output format
from HTML to some special XML?  I would like to be able to generate
pages in docbook-format, instead of HTML.

As I assume, there is no existing solutions:  How huge would the
effort be?

Background:  We are in need of a solution for doing system
documentation.  Some requirements are:

* it should be easy to maintain the content, even in different
  languages;

* best used with a web frontend, because especially the
  translators are spread all over the world;

* it should be possible to generate various export formats, like
  word, html, latex, pdf (or: generate docbook in a first step and
  create the other formats out of that.

Right now, the guys use docbook and a more or less simple editor.

Any ideas?

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373