[TYPO3] custom fonts - gifbuilder's ugly pixel fonts rendering

Amiran Chyb amiran.chyb at stopspam.gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 22:23:07 CET 2006

I'd like to use some custom fancy pixel fonts in my website's menu.

I guess css embedding would be the most elegant solution, but I'd like to
avoid compatibility issues and browser warnings, so I gave gifbuilder a
try.

Unfortunately, it seems that even with niceText switched off he does some
kind of antialiasing which, in case o pixel fonts, is unacceptable.

googling for: gifbuilder pixel fonts

returns the following snippet from the old (and working) typo3.org:

... BACK. How to increase quality with GIFBUILDER and pixel fonts.
Scenario: In case you want to pair GIFBUILDER with pixel fonts here's a
short guideline. ...

unfortunately for some reason unknown to me, Google can't show cached
content of typo3.org despite it IS cached (hence the snippets).

anyway, I guess it was some HOWTO which wasn't duplicated on netfielders
list.

does anyone know what could I read there? how to make gifbuilder display
bitmap fonts without any destructive transformations?

thanks a lot
Amiran