[TYPO3] Mount point problem

Sacha Vorbeck info at unlimited-vision.net
Thu Mar 16 11:25:28 CET 2006

Hi,

I never worked with mount-points before but now I tried and have a
problem. I`m not sure if I`m making a mistake here or if it`s a bug.

Example:

left main-navigation:

HOME
  Products
  About us => Mount Point fetching "company"
    Profile
    Car pool
    Yachts
    Social Action

The page tree looks like that:

HOME
  Products
    Product 1
    Product 2
  About us => no subpages
  Services
    Service 1
    Service 2
..
..
  Metanavi
    company
      Profile
      Car pool
      Yachts
      Social Action

About us is a mount-point, fetching the child-pages of the page
"company" somewhere else in the page-tree. So the sub-pages "Profile",
"Car pool" etc. don`t exist underneath "About us" in the page-tree.

But when you click on "Profile", the page behaves, as if it were a
subpage of "About us". This is realised with the help of the
GET-parameter MP. The page "Profile" would have the following URL in the
left navigation:
http://dev.de/index.php?id=3439&MP=896-944

3439 is the ID of the page "Profile" under "company". 896 is the page
"company" and 944 is the Mount-Point-page, in this case "About us".

So far, everything works like expected.

But if I want the 3rd level to be displayed in the content area and not
in the left menu, it won`t work. To display the menu in the content
area, I insert a content element type "menu/sitemap" and set the
starting point to the mount-point-page "About us". The links in the
content-area won`t be extended with the MP GET-parameter. So when I
click on "Profile" there, I jump to the "Profile"-page in the
"company"-section.

Any ideas on how to make the menu in the content area also work with the
MP-parameter?

--
thank you - all the best,
Sacha