[TYPO3] problem with links form RTE HTMLarea

Michael Nardell miken at inetworld.net
Wed Mar 15 19:01:46 CET 2006

Greetings :: All of a suddend it seems that the rte HTMLarea tool has
been creating links that cause th browser to open links in a new window.
The default settings seem to be set so that a new window would not open:
target is  left blank
style is set to internal-link

Is there some setting that overrides this? Or has anyone ever observed
this kind of bug in the sytem. The way I have been fixing things is by
manually puttin a _self tag in the Target field. This is kind of a
hassle and now there are alot of content writers working with the sytem.
  Am I going to need to go back and fix all there links with this _self
setting?

Mike

Version information: Typo3 v4 with the latest version of the rte
HTMLarea tool.