[TYPO3] simulate static and mod rewrite

Bill Alexy bill at psiberware.com
Wed Mar 15 18:52:24 CET 2006

I can get real url to work, but any attempt to simulate static documents
fail. Here is my TypoScipt:

config.simulateStaticDocuments = 1
config.simulateStaticDocuments_noTypeIfNoTitle = 1
config.simulateStaticDocuments_pageTitleFirst = 1
config.simulateStaticDocuments_pEnc_onlyP = backPid, tt_news,
config.simulateStaticDocuments_addTitle = 1000

tx_ttnews[backPid], tx_ttnews[tt_news], cHash, L, print, pS, pL, arc,
cat,begin_at, swords# config.simulateStaticDocuments = PATH_INFO

#config.absRefPrefix = http://www.jagreporting.com/  #### I've tried
this on and off ###########

Here is my .htaccess file:
#simulate static
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule   ^[^/]*\.html$  index.php

I get a file not found error:

You can see it here at http://jagreporting.com/

I've searched the list and google to no avail, any help is appreciated.
I would think it's the mod-rewrite, but the fact is that RealURL  is
working on other installs on the same server.

Best,
Bill