[TYPO3] Problem with (new) CSS styled content default CSS and IE

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 18:47:06 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/15/06, Gerhard Mehsel <sparking at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,

<snip>

> Now I would like to insert e.g. Text with Image, the image above, right.
> The result is that my rectangles are destroyed (in IE only). For example
>   the left rectangle-border isn't displayed anymore and sometimes even
> other rectangles without any images above or below miss their borders.
>
> I think there are mistakes with some floats or clears in the default
> css.

<snip>

The fact that it's IE only make me doubt that the root of the problem
is mistakes in the css. Are you familiar with IE's many aggravating
float bugs? This may be obvious advice, but start by validating both
html and css _in the Typo3 rendered page_, and ensuring that IE is not
being kicked into quirks mode by something like an xml prologue or
blank line before the doctype declaration. For that matter, make sure
you're using a complete doctype too...

-Christopher