[TYPO3] documentation for |*| in allWrap

Daren Thomas daren.thomas at pvcomp.ch
Wed Mar 15 14:13:19 CET 2006

Hi,

I use something similar:

NO.allWrap = | |*|  |  |*|

You can find the documentation to the wraps here (presuming it's an
optionsplit, can't really assert this, but I'm pretty sure)
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsre
f/current/view/3/1/

Your example means something like this:

- When rendering the MENUITEMS of your MENU, use following wraps:

  - first:

  - middle: <div class="menu2-normal">|</div> &nbsp;&#124;&nbsp;

  - last: <div class="menu2-normal">|</div>

- since the first part is empty, the last part is used for the first
MENUITEM (please check this, I believe it might be a bug in your code,
allthough, I might have misunderstood the documentation).

- the 2 "|" are used for rendering each MENUITEM, e.g. the "|*|" is used
to figure out which wrap to use, then the "|" is used to split the wrap
into two pieces, one before the MENUITEM and one after the MENUITEM.

Hope that helps you!

Daren Thomas