[TYPO3] How to create a custom User Home page for FrontEnd users?

Francesco Pessina typo3news at yahoo.it
Wed Mar 15 12:31:16 CET 2006

Hi to everyone!

I'm Francesco and I work for the Department of Economics in the
University of Milan, Italy.

I'm just developing the new web site for my Department, but I need a
sort of custom user home page (for an example take a look on
http://econ-www.mit.edu/faculty/index.htm, click on a user's photo and
you see the datailed page)

I konw how to develop a custom front-end plugin but ...

1) I need a structure in this plugin that make a users list page (may be
without the user's photo :-) and, by click on a single user item, open a
new page (in the current window) and show all details about this user.

2) On the management side, when the user log into the BackEnd (or may be
in the FrontEnd) it see only the owner home page (with all details) in
the tree of PAGE elements and can modify it by editing some fields.

3) Some information of user details must be taken from custom data
records stored on another page created by another plugin. This another
page keep a list of pubblications writed by the users. The idea is to
get all pubblication related to a user and automatically add/update in a
section of its (user) home page (see as in Pubblication in the web
example above)

All user are added manually by Administrator in the BackEnd, so the
plugin must automagically create a new entry in the user's list page and
create a blank page for the details. Obviuosly the Administrator can see
all the home page (with details) of all user currently registered with
Typo3.

I'v ask the impossible?
Can you help me getting some suggestions or tip or anything?

I've searched in the Extension Repository but nothing is right for this job.

Thank in advance to all folks!

Greetins, Francesco from Italy