[TYPO3] Hoe to put a mailto link in Tmenu?

Peter Klein peter at umloud.dk
Tue Mar 14 21:50:52 CET 2006

Hi Martin. If your site doesn't use mountpoints, then you can do it using
typoscript alone..
In the following example, the link to the page with UID=31, is substituted
with the email address.

--- cut --
  lib.menu = HMENU
  lib.menu.1 = TMENU
  lib.menu.1 {
    NO {
      doNotLinkIt = 1
      stdWrap.typolink.parameter {
        field = uid
        override = mail at mail.me
        override.if {
          value = 31
          equals.field = uid
        }
      }
      allWrap = <br />
    }
  }
-- cut --

As for IProcFunc examples, then I posted one on the danish usergroup a
couple days ago. (the text is in danish, but not the code ;)
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-ug-denmark/2006-March/002756.html

---
Peter Klein / Umloud Untd.

"Martin Kindler" <kindlerm at arcor.de> wrote in message
news:mailman.12038.1142356244.3122.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
Thanks Peter!

That sounds promising. But as I am rather new to PHP hacking in T3, can you
tell me where in the docs I can find a definition of the data type used for
the parameter menuArr in the IProcFunc (or more generally an introduction to
IProcFunc)? I have found the example by Kasper but it does not tell much.

Martin

ders.de...
I want to have a simple "mailto"-link in one of my menus. How can I
accomplish this? My first solution was an "External URL"-type page with a
mailto-URL. Works, but opens a "transfer"-page in addition to the "new mail"
form of your preferred mail program. Bad!

Another idea was to just hardcode it. Meaning changing my TMENU into a COA
with the old TMENU as one element and my "mailto" as another. This works too
but has the disadvantage of not supporting different languages easily (also
the placing of the mailto link is not really beautiful as changing the order
means splitting the TMENU into two ...)

What is "best practice" in doing this? I searched the mailing list and found
a posting with the same question but no answer.

Martin