[TYPO3] I thought this would be simple :-)

Patrick O'Hara pdohara at practicalprogrammer.org
Mon Mar 13 14:48:09 CET 2006

I found an article on the typo3 site talking about putting the last update
date on a page.  I thought the directions looked simple enough so I would
give it a try.  I followed the direction and I am getting the date value on
the page, rather than a formatted date.  Here is what I added to my
template:
*CONSTANTS:*
styles.content.lastUpdate.label =
styles.content.lastUpdate.comment_auto =
styles.content.lastUpdate.wrap = |
styles.content.lastUpdate.format = l, F j, Y
*SETUP:*
  subparts.LAST_MODIFIED < styles.content.lastUpdate
  subparts.LAST_MODIFIED = TEXT
  subparts.LAST_MODIFIED {
    data = page:lastUpdated
    if.isTrue.data = page:lastUpdated
    data = l, F j, Y
    wrap = |
    data = register:SYS_LASTCHANGED
    if >
  }

My question is where do I set the format, since what I did has no obvious
effect.  Also where can I look to find the format specifiers.  I expect that
the format above will result in a date of the form *Monday, March 13, 2006*.
Where can I find the list of characters that I can use to format the date.
Also, I noticed that the search feature at (
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/) does not appear to
work, is there another way to search the archives of this list?

--
Tanks for your Support
Pat O'Hara