[TYPO3] TS: Supply minW/minH with a value from a register

Joerg Wagner - DigiLog multimedia usenet at digilog.de
Sat Mar 11 11:37:40 CET 2006

Hi Peter,

I just applied your patch against beta3 (manually adjusting the line counts)
and it works like a charm. Concerning the elementary level of this change I
am sure it will work on RC1 too. Nevertheless I will upgrade to RC1 within
the next days and will post here again.

> ... also I am not sure if we can get that into 4 since
> feature-freeze has just been made and I would consider it a new feature.
> ;(

That would be a pitty.
I agree that this is a new feature, but one that cleans a basic
inconsistency in the data types of these props and its solution is so
elementary that it will hardly affect the stabilization process of the RCs.

BTW:
This feature might seem nonessential at first glance, but without it it is
virtually impossible to scale a background-image for a fixed size <div>
(where the div's size itself is taken from a register) in a way that the
images aspect ratio is maintained and the image covers the whole div, not
leaving any visible boarders. (Similar to a scaling _down_ to fit until the
shorter edge of the image rectangle meets the corresponding edge of the
target rectangle.) This has gained importance with the new TemplaVoila
version, as since TV 0.5.0 it is now possible to nicely assign
background-image attributes to divs.

Many thanks again. This is VERY helpful !
--
Jörg Wagner
DigiLog multimedia

news:mailman.1.1142071675.26495.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...