[TYPO3] tidy not working
daniel at newmindgroup.com
Wed Mar 8 20:58:18 CET 2006
No. Not a secret. Just thought it was a "duh" answer not requiring
explanation but you bring up a good point. If I was dense enough not to
figure this out on my own others might be as well.
As Cristopher correctly pointed out tidy needs to be installed on the
webserver. I did the following to get it to work.
1. Download Linux_x86 binaries from sourceforge.
2. Copy tidy binary into my /cgi-bin directory.
3. Used PHP info in my install tool to make sure 'safe_mode' was not
enabled. This would keep PHP from executing a binary.
4. Changed the tidy_path attribute to:
cgi-bin\tidy -i --quiet true --tidy-mark true -wrap 0 -raw
5. Tweaked the switches using the docs at http://tidy.sourceforge.net/
Hope this helps others.
> On 3/8/06, P H Vetch <paul at qedstudio.com> wrote:
>>> Yeah. Nevermind. I figured it out.
>> So...is it a secret?! Always good to record this stuff here for future
> Well, if the question was
>>>> Do I need to install any scripts seperate from the extension?
> Then the answer is 'yes, Tidy must be present on the webserver if you
> want to use it'.  , 
>  http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/
>  http://tidy.sourceforge.net/
More information about the TYPO3-english