[TYPO3] CSS woes

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 16:38:03 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/8/06, Patrick O'Hara <pdohara at practicalprogrammer.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the response, but no I do not have a meta tag in my template.
> Something in Typo3 is generating the meta tag.

I've never seen a 'us-ascii' charset meta element in a typo3 site.
I've hardly ever seen us-ascii specified as a charset in _any_ website
in fact. Typo3 will add _one_ meta element specifying the iso-8859
charset by default, it will _not_ add that second one--it has to be
there as a result of one of only four things that I can think of:

a) If using TV, it's in the original template and you've selected it
when mapping the template
b) You've specified it using "page.charset =" (though I still don't
know how that could get you _two_ specified charsets...)
c) Possibly an extension put it there (but this would be a strange
thing for an extension to do...)
d) Maybe it's there because you're using one of the deprecated static
templates in your main TS template (if so, switch to css-styled
content instead).

-Christopher