[TYPO3] backend user using custom group permissions

oneilch oneilch at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 20:53:26 CET 2006

I did exactly what Alex suggested but I am still
encountering the same problem.

I am using:
typo3 v4beta3
php 5.1.2
mysql 4.1.1
fedora 4

The typo3 system however allows that speicifc user to
edit an already created "page content" but does not
allow the creation of a new one by that speciifc user.

go to : page content - edit element record

Make sure on the group you add all the "Pagecontent"
items in the
"Allowed excludefields:" section, and also don't
select any checkboxes
in the "Explicitly allow/deny field values:" section
(selected=deny,
unselected=allow). I am assuming that if they get as
far as they do, you
have the Modules, Tables and Page Types set well
enough for them.

Then make sure they have edit access permissions by
choosing "Access"
from the left menu, and choose a page. Then look at
the Permissions from
the dropdown box in the upper right corner, rather
than "User Overview".
Make sure the "group" column is set to that group for
each page you want
them to edit, along with the permission to edit for
that page.

Hope this helps.
Alex

oneilch wrote:

>I have provided a specifc backend user with the all
>permissions available - except for admin, via a
custom