[TYPO3] Typo3 validation

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Mar 7 09:31:07 CET 2006

Andreas Koppa schrieb:
> Hi List,
>
> During one full month I have worked very hard in order to learn T3 and
> create Valid HTML 4.0 Transitional pages.  I´m stuck!

Yes, and you will never be able get a a valid HTML 4.0 page because the
TYPO3-Core ouputs short tags (<rel />, <br />, etc) as XHTML (with the
final / inside the tag).

With TYPO3 4.0 things should be better if you choose the XHTML way. All the
stuff that comes with 4.0 should prodocue only valid XHTML (even ready for
XHTML 1.1). Then you have only to struggle with your own markup and that of
the extensions.

Masi