[TYPO3] history / l18n_diffsource in FE-Plugin?

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Mar 6 11:27:47 CET 2006

Hello,

there was no answer in the german-list, so lets try in english:

I have build a FE-plugin, where a site-visitor (FE-user) can change records
from a database-table.
Because I want to identify, who has changed what and for doing an undo, I
would like to use the history/undo-functionality from typo3.
If I change records in the BE all the changes get logged and enable an
undo. This would be enough for me.

Is there a possibility (which function/method?) to log changes in a
FE-plugin like this is done in the BE? (Because I have no BE-user, I would
use a dummy-BE-user and reserve a field for the FE-user)

And there is a similar problem:
Working these FE-editing with localized tables I would like to update the
field l18n_diffsource accordingly. In the BE the differences to the
master-record are shown with this field-data. So I change the records
without BE this field is not up to date and at the next editing in the BE
these records shows wrong differences.
The same Question:
is there a typo3-function / -method to get this field automatically set?

Bernd Wilke