[TYPO3] Communitys - what's possible?

"Peter Kühn [wmdb]" peter.kuehn at wmdb.de
Sun Mar 5 13:32:37 CET 2006

Andreas Balzer schrieb:
> Hi!
> I wanted to ask, what is possible with Typo3 to create a community?
> So like board with chc-forum, blogs with timtab, etc..
>
> What interests me most is, what is possible with what extension so that
> you have one big community that can do all of that stuff with one
> account per user (and not one for a calendar, one for a board, etc..)
>
> FE Editing would be fine..
>
> Andreas

hi andreas,

there are a lot of extensions in the repository that you can combine to
achieve a community-like solution fx. there is a quite well working
integration between chc_forum and cwt_community.
If you want to see what you can do with it register at
www.mind-evolution.de, a community-solution we built.

the downside to all of this from my experience is that whatever you do
typo is written in php, the database is mysql and looking at the
extensions and the core there could be tons of things done to save
ressources and speed up the things.

community-solutions in general are build with more or less not
cache-able pagecontents, most of the contents are build custom for every
single page and every single user.

in the end i think it depends on
how many active users do you expect? and
whats the budget for the hardware?

greetinx
pekue