[TYPO3] communication between TS objects in different FCE fields

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Mar 4 12:22:15 CET 2006

Amiran Chyb wrote:

> unfortunately the extension I'm using (skpagecomments) keeps this page
> UID  information in it's custom column 'pageid'. so I should rather use
> 'where  pageid = field_link ' condition, but I don't think 'where'
> condition  supports variable processing and it would just check whether
> pageid =  "field_link", literally.
>
> is there any TS mechanism that would allow me to this? and, more
> generally, to allow such dynamic values in my own ts objects?

10 = TEXT
10.value= comments number:
20 = TEXT
20.numRows {
    table = yourCommentTableName
    select {
        pidInList = PIDofWhereeverThoseRecordsAreStored
	andWhere.dataWrap = pageid={field:field_link}
    }
}

as with JoH's version the field_link must be on the same XML level (meaning it must not
be contained in another Section and/or Container - if you don't know what this is you
probably not have it, that's simple :)

*** read that if you want to understand stdWrap better:

the fields "pidInList" and "andWhere" have assigned a datatype "stdWrap" if you look them
up in "select" in TSRef.

Wherever a field is stated to have stdWrap properties you can either just set it to a simple
value

pidInList = 10

or use any of the properties defined in the "stdWrap" section in TSRef like

pidInList.data = field : whateverfield
which will just insert the value of the "current" field "whateverfield"
or
pidInList.dataWrap = text={fied:whateverfield}
which will replace text's between the {}

you can also make things like:

pidInList.cObject = TEXT
pidInList.cObject.value = 10

which doesn't make really sense but by having the possibilty of insert a cObj again here
you have the full power of T3 to configure the field to any value you like. The only borders
are those of TS (but as longer as you work with it constantly this border lowers :)

***

greets,
Bernhard