[TYPO3] Gallery2

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Mar 3 20:11:43 CET 2006

Hi,

Henrik Eriksson schrieb am 03.03.2006 13:45:
> Has anyone done a integration between typo3 and gallery2?

Since I've participated in the development of G2 and also followed the
integration-issues, I have thought about doing that.

But every time I think about it, I don't think this will ever be a good
idea. Because:

G2 is a frontend/backend in one. The users are FE- and BE-users at the
same time. TYPO3 has a separated backend and frontend, and separated
user bases. So how should this work in backend?

I could stick to frontend users and keep G2 users in sync with TYPO3
fe_users, but would that be useful? Administrating galleries would
require fe-access.

And then: integrating G2's menus into HMENU's? What about the rootline.

There could be an ugly "integration" that just outputs G2 code in the
frontend as a T3-plugin and nothing more, but that's not what an
"integration" is.

So my conclusion until now was:

Lets use DAM and create a really nice Gallery frontend-ext with that
information. This way we have a Gallery the "TYPO3-way": a nice
TYPO3-backend for administrating pictures and a TYPO3-conformant
FE-plugin to display those pictures.

Cheers,
Ernesto