[TYPO3] How to browse online repository in ver.4 beta 3?

Loek Hilgersom hilgersom at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 3 10:32:00 CET 2006

I had the same problem and I got it solved after finding this marvelous piece of
advice from Ries (posted 18-2-06 on this list):

       Also donn't forget to select settings instead of import and press a
       couple of buttons (Don't remember wich) After that do a update on the
       import setting.
       (It's morning now.. I might not be that clear yet...)

So I gave it another try - even though I thought I already tried everything
twice - and just pressed a 'couple of buttons'. And hurray, it works!

The way it's supposed to work is bit unclear, but I think this is what's needed:
- enter the settings (incl. selecting 'Enable unsupported exts') & press update
- check them! (at some point it had not recorded a change I made, haven't been
able to reproduce it though)
- go to Import extensions and click Retrieve/Update
- now, still under Import Extensions(!), press the lookup button

If it still doesn't work, try pressing some more buttons ;-)

hth,
Loek