[TYPO3] Change FE default language?

Liu Jiansong jiansong.liu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 09:54:33 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Liu Jiansong wrote:
>
>> I want to change default FE user interface language to Chinese(f.x. the
>> "Username" and "Password" label of Login form), and found
>> "typo3\sysext\css_styled_content\pi1\locallang.xml" controlling the FE
>> user interface default language content, but after I changed some
>> setting in this file, the FE renderer can't output Chinese normally, but
>> some strange character.
>>

> This is a wrong way. You should not change this file but define your
> default language using typoscript. Read multilanguage tutorial on typo3.org.
>
> Dmitry.

Thank you very much. I have solved it by below steps:
1. Install a ts_language_ch ext (I try to translate it from "fr", not
totally completed yet)
2. Insert "config.language = ch" into main template record
3. Add Chinese translation into "ch" section of locallang.php of any ext
It seems working now. Thanks again.

Liu Jiansong.