[TYPO3] Indexed Search - Is there a way to limit the database size?

Sandy Matheson lists at mathesonuk.com
Thu Mar 2 18:56:41 CET 2006

Using Indexed search our index_fulltext database has grown to 36MB in
size and we need to find a way of limiting this.

I have looked at the Info->Indexed Search module and most, if not all
of our pages, are indexed multiple times. Within this I can find a way
of deleting individual entries, or all indexed entries for a section
or the entire site. What I really need to do is to find a way of
automatically deleting entries when a page is re-indexed.

Is there a way of doing that?

Any ideas gratefully received.

Sandy Matheson