[TYPO3] Lyrics database

Kevin Renskers info at dualdot.nl
Wed Mar 1 20:22:52 CET 2006

Hi list,

I am converting a big music-related site to Typo3, and one of the
features on that site is a lyrics database. I am wondering what the best
way is to get lyrics into Typo3, in a structured way and easy to manage.

I was thinking about using tt_news, and then set up the artists as
categories, their albums as sub-categories, and the songs as news items
with relations to those 2 things. While this will work, it will be very
messy in the backend. All songs will be displayed in one big list,
finding that one song to edit will be hard and not very user-friendly :)

Setting it up as pages (each artist has its own page, their albums as
subpages, and so on) if also possible. It would be easier to find one
song, but I prefer a database kind of aproach. There are 60 albums in
the lyrics-dababase so far, I don't want to make 60 pages for them. It's
not a very structured way to do it I think.

I looked at the extension list, but there doesn't seem to be anything to
fit this purpose. Did I miss something? Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Renskers
Dualdot Internet