[TYPO3] problem with some character like é, è, â etc.

Ibrahima Diop ibjoop at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 1 13:47:26 CET 2006

Hi all,
  I have installed xamp and typo version 3.8, in a server linux 1.4.12 (like redhat 9)
  The file like été.txt appears to the server with _t_.txt.
  I modify the content of the file /etc/sysconfig/i18n to
  LANG="fr_FR.ISO-8859-1"
SUPPORTED="fr_FR.ISO-8859-1:fr_FR:fr"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

  And the file appears verry well.
  But in backend when i create content link to file, and I indicate été.txt, the name of the file is transform to _t_.txt in the form.
  Typo3 doesn't use file whose name content character like é, è, â, à....
   Help please