[TYPO3] Need help on .htaccess/realURL

Tim Riemenschneider lists-05 at tim-riemenschneider.de
Wed Mar 1 12:09:16 CET 2006

Hi!

Some additions:

Michael Cannon schrieb:
> Andreas,

[SNIP]

> If you want to allow some directories, say cgi scripts in an admin
> directory, without Typo3 processing, add the following before the  Typo3
> RewriteConds.
>
> RewriteRule ^admin$ - [L]
> RewriteRule ^admin/.*$ - [L]
>

> If you want to only let .html and / requests get passed to Typo3,
> replace the Typo3 [L] line with the following. This is handy when you
> have blah.htm or blah.php files that shouldn't be processed by Typo3  in
> your system.
>
> RewriteRule (\.html|/)$ index.php [L]

Both not needed because of:
 > RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
 > RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
 > RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l

which means, only process the following redirect, if no
file/directory/symlink of the requested name exists.

> Now it's true that you want to limit .htaccess processing because  every
> call to the server flows through it. WordPress does require  an
> .htaccess file for simpler URLs. You can have static URLs with
> WordPress without .htaccess through the PATH_INFO technique.

Typo3 can do that to, the simulateStatic-mechanism can use PATH_INFO.
(used it on a windows-testserver. I couldn't get redirects to work under
windows...)
However you loose the abbility to have virtual directories.
(Instead of www.myserver.tld/products/product-xyz/specs.htm you get
www.myserver.tld/prodxyz-spec.0.html or even www.myserver.tld/1234.0.htm)
So realURL looks "nicer".

cu