[TYPO3] Realurl problem

Harald Klotzberg [decomplex audio HQ] harry at decomplexaudio.com
Wed Mar 1 12:01:02 CET 2006

Hi again,

you find them in the install tool in phpinfo() or you can upload a php-info
file as well.

I had the same prob, url´s generated well but only 1st level of the site
structure displayed as expected.
All others -> 404. Encoding/Decoding of URL´s are fine as well.

The prob on my machine isn´t realURL, it´s a server thing.
There is a cgi-wrapper running (php as cgi). Normally it should work fine
with Typo3,
but not on this machine/configuration. There is a Out-of-the-Box-Package
installed (pd-admin) with cgiwrapper,
the pd-admin-guys are trying to solve it (it´s not my machine, so it´s
enough spending a day :) ).
So if you have pd-admin on your machine i suggest to wait ... the provider
and me tried nearly everything,
typo and realURL are OK, but it doesn´t work :(

if you see t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php you´ll find:

// Some CGI-versions (LA13CGI) and mod-rewrite rules on MODULE versions will
deliver a 'wrong' DOCUMENT_ROOT (according to our description). Further
various aliases/mod_rewrite rules can disturb this as well.
// Therefore the DOCUMENT_ROOT is now always calculated as the
SCRIPT_FILENAME minus the end part shared with SCRIPT_NAME.

so check pathes, maybe this solves your problem,
see also info´s around line 2700, there is more path stuff and some useful
info´s

if you have pd-admin, stay tuned until i get an reply from them, they´re
trying to find the prob

grtz, harry