[TYPO3] Inherit abstract field from parent/grandparent/etc

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jun 30 23:44:09 CEST 2006

> I am looking for typoscript that will let a page inherit the abstract
> field from its parent/grandparent/etc. My logic here is that if the
> abstract field of a page isn't set, it should retrieve the abstract
> from its parent. If the abstract isn't set in the parent, try to get
> it from the grandparent, etc.
>
> Does anybody know if this is possible? If so, how might I accomplish
> it?

10 = TEXT
10.data = levelfield:-1, abstract, slide

-1 takes it from the current page.
slide walks back down the rootline until it reaches the root or finds
something in one of the abstract fields.
You should make sure that abstract is in the list of rootline fields though.
Use the install tool to check/change that.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de