[TYPO3] default language setting

Erik Weber Weber at mc-quadrat.com
Fri Jun 30 12:21:07 CEST 2006

Where is it?  So many tutorials and help sites talk about changing/setting
it but none say where or how.  All of my default content elements are in
German and my second language (uid=1) is English, but how do I actually get
the backend to display "German (default)" rather than "Default" for instance
in the 'Show page language version' dropdown?  Further more, with
TemplaVoila, in the page view some of the content elements display the
default language as well as the "Localizations," but unless I insert a
separate content element in to the English version, nothing is displayed
when you switch to english on the front-end.  But when I put the traslation
into the English page module I get a warning message in each content box
saying: "This element has been used 2 times on this page! ID:20"  I have
config.sys_language_overlay = 1 in my setup and I thought that would help
but it doesn't.  Any suggestions are welcome.

-Erik