[TYPO3] indexed search, no work properly!

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at winnefox.org
Thu Jun 29 22:33:02 CEST 2006

> I have used successfully setting existing uid.
> Search for example in this page
> http://finlayson.xetnet.com/Peitteet.2325.0.html
>
> the search starts from
>
> http://finlayson.xetnet.com/Familon-vuodekokonaisuudet.637.0.html
>
> in TS Template the root page has
> plugin.tx_indexedsearch.search.rootPidList = 637

But, that's one search box to search the entire site. If all I wanted
was one search box, that would work fantastic. In fact, I do have one
that searches the entire site. But, it seems to break down when you want
to go further than that. Namely, multiple search engines for different
sections of the site.

I can add this in as an element:
<form name="sform" action="index.php?id=40" method="POST">
<input type="hidden" name="tx_indexedsearch[_sections]" value=rl1_7" />
<input type="text" name="tx_indexedsearch[sword]" class="imputsearch">
</form>

Which, does work. Not an ideal solution, but it works. BUT, if I want
something on say, level 3, 4, or above, I'm s-o-l.

The example you gave is for a site selling bedding. How would you set it
up, if you wanted to have the main search on every page, but then wanted
a separate search box for each set of items? For instance, click on
pillows. That would list a bunch of pillows. Then, there would be a
search box on top of that pillow page. Without relying on user
interaction, how would you set it up so when I search for 'down', it
would only search pillows? Not comforters, or anything else.

I've tried the crawler extension. With that, I can create individual
index configurations. Which is swell, but I can't figure out how to get
the indexed search content element to use a specific configuration.

I do appreciate the time you've taken to help me figure this out. I
apologize for any frustration on my part. I just really want to figure
this out.

- jody