[TYPO3] Integrating login info using LDAP and Typo3

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Thu Jun 29 15:07:42 CEST 2006

    Dear Typo3 users,

    I wanted to integrate login and user information from many systems
in my organization using Typo3 and LDAP and I was wondering whether you
could give me some directions. Here are more details about our situation.

    We are setting up Typo3 to publish the main website of our
organization and a couple of sub-websites. We are also providing a
number of other web applications to our users, such as TWiki, GNU
Mailman, Subversion, Bugzilla, Open Journal System, and some WebDAV
directories.

    Each of these systems has its own registration mechanism and login
database by default. It is becoming a problem to us to require our users
to sign up on so many different systems. Most of these systems, however,
can be configured to authenticate users via LDAP directory.

    I wanted to set up a LDAP directory, possibly using openLDAP, and
set up Typo3 to let user register and update their profile information.
I wanted to give users the possibility to change their passwords and
profile information, preferably using the front-end interface.

    I've done some research and I'm about to try out two Typo3
extensions: ldap_gua and eu_ldap. Do you have any feeling for which one
may be more appropriate to our case?

    Most of the information on the mailing list is about getting Typo3
to authenticate its FE users using a LDAP directory, but that's only
part of my problem. I couldn't find much information about setting up
Typo3 to manage a LDAP directory and let users update their own profiles.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Regards,

Ricardo Pereira