[TYPO3] PNG fix for skin images

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Thu Jun 29 13:03:39 CEST 2006

Peter Klein wrote:
> The script I posted works perfectly in IE.. (It only works in IE)

the problem was in DirecX - after installing newest DirectX the sript
worked.
Endeed your script has a problem with 'clear.gif'
As such it imgs[z].src = 'clear.gif';
has been searched from folder, where the file, which uses the script exists,
for example from /Typo3/clear.gif.
But it might be elsewhere.

That needs path fix.
I copied clear fix to plugin folder and put
for it relative path, which certainly works
in all situations:

Endeed in my case
imgs[z].src = '../clear.gif';
would be correct, when
the clear.gif in the root folder would have been used.

In generally this works:

imgs[z].src = \''.t3lib_extMgm::extRelPath('skin_grey_2').'clear.gif\';

Now skin_grey_2 support properly both GIF and PNG module images,
where they ever has been put.
The only restriction is that only those images, which
are in skin_grey_2/icons/ folder can be replaced - and must all, which
are needed, because I have not put checking script, if own module icons
really exist.