[TYPO3] metatags:keywords from a diffrent source

Frank Berger foppel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 09:28:39 CEST 2006

Hi Folks,

I need to read the keywords for a page from a diffrent source, but i
have a problem including them in the final tag.

This is what I try

In the typo script object browser:

[includeLibs]
    [custom_functions]=fileadmin/custom_functions.inc

[page]=PAGE
    [meta]=META
       [description]=TEXT
          [field]=description
       [keywords]=USER
       [userFunc]=user_custom->cstmkeywords

the file fileadmin/custom_functions.inc looks like this:

<?php

class user_custom {
	function cstmkeywords ($content,$conf) {
		return ('hello world'); //for sake of this example
	}
}

?>

Now, I would have expected that a keywords-meta tag would be created
which has 'hello world' as value, but instead one with 'USER' as value
is created.

Where is the problem, or is there something entierly wrong in my logic?

all help is greatly appreciated

best regards and thanks in advance

Frank