[TYPO3] "Template not found" unless FE cache is cleared

Michal Charemza michalcharemza at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 12:54:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am setting up a new site (on IIS & MSSQL), and I have managed to
install Typo3 (thanks to another thread that  said set "Use quoted
identifiers" and "ANSI NULL default" on the database).

However, I get strange template behaviour. I have set up a root
template for the site, but on all the pages I get a "Template Not
Found" message, unless I have just cleared the FE cache. I can then
refresh the page (in the browser) as many times as I like, and it
appears fine. If I then try to view another page, I get a "Template
Not Found" message. If I then clear the FE cache I can view it fine,
and so on.

Also - I notice that files don't appear to be disappearing from the
typo3temp directory when the FE cache is cleared. What should happen
when the FE cache is cleared?

Can someone help?

Michal.