[TYPO3] sg_newsplus, sg_zfelib and RealURL

Claudio claudio.strizzolo at ru.bbishts.infn.it
Wed Jun 28 09:05:21 CEST 2006

Hi all,
I have some problems when trying to use the sg_newsplus extension
(FE posting for tt_news, based on sg_zfelib library) on a site using
RealURL extension (Typo 4.0, all extensions up-to-date).
Basically, when trying to add a new article, the "+" button
which should allow attaching files or images to the article doesn't work:

Error. Reason: "typo3conf/ext/sg_zfelib/browser/browser.php" could not be
found, closest page matching is

The browser.php is of course there and available, so the error message
is really confusing.
After some investigation, it looks like the problem is somehow
related to the fact that the RealURL extension is active on the site.
In particular I tried to trace the point of the code where the
problem happens, and it looks like the failing line is in the
browser/browser.php file of sg_zfelib:

$TSFE->checkAlternativeIdMethods();

I have several questions:

1. Is there anyone out there which succeeded in running sg_newsplus on
   a RealURL-based site?
2. Any suggestions for a really working extension for posting news from
   the FE on a RealURL-based site?
3. Any workaround that would allow me to patch sg_zfelib in order to make
   it work with RealURL?

Thanks in advance.
Greetings

Claudio